WORK HARD, MASK HARDER!!
25 Sep. 2019 / Make-Up
The latest trend in facial masks is what are called sheet masks, which is a type of face mask you use once and then toss. It’s also a lot of fun to take a selfie while wearing it.
How To Use A Sheet Mask?
The sheet mask trend stems from South Korea. Korean women (and men) spend a lot of time and effort caring for their skin and using a sheet mask is a regular part of their elaborate skin care routine. Many people use sheet masks just once a week, but there is a growing trend to use sheet masks once a day or even twice a day. Using a sheet mask even once a week can have great benefits for the skin. Think of it as a targeted skin care treatment and ask yourself: what does your skin need now? Then choose a sheet mask that has ingredients that will address that skin care issue.
Sheet Mask Hacks
In order to get the best results from your sheet mask experience you need to do the following things:
- Wash your face before applying your sheet mask. Applying a mask with a serum to dirty skin is a no-no. You will not get any benefits from applying a mask to unwashed skin.
- Less is more. Do not leave the mask on your face for longer than 20 minutes. If you leave the mask on for longer it can cause skin irritation. If the mask says to leave it on for less than 20 minutes, do that. It is important to read all of the instructions that come with the mask before applying it to your face and never go to sleep with a sheet mask on your face.
- Do not wash your face after using a sheet mask. If there is serum left on your skin after using the mask, gently pat the serum into your skin until it is fully absorbed. You can apply a moisturizer to your skin after using a sheet mask if you want.
- If you used your sheet mask while it is still light outside you need to apply sunscreen after removing the mask.
Make Your Own Sheet Masks
It is actually super easy to make your own sheet mask. This way you can customize the mask for exactly what your skin needs at that moment. It is also very cost effective to make your own sheet masks. The one thing that you do need no matter which type of mask you are creating is a cotton facial mask. These are easy to purchase and do not cost very much money.
Here’s a recipe for a moisturizing DIY sheet mask.
Hydrating DIY Sheet Mask:
- Choose your favorite facial oil like jojoba oil, pomegranate oil, or argan oil.
- Place a few drops of your favorite oil in a bowl or plate.
- Add 1/2 a tablespoon of glycerin to the oil.
- Add 1/2 a tablespoon of rose water.
- Add your sheet mask to the mix and soak for a minute or so.
- Apply to your face for 20 minutes.
- If there is any liquid left on your face after removing the mask pat into your skin until absorbed.
Enjoy smooth, hydrated skin!